Proper Vacuuming Tips
Ensuring proper vacuuming is the most effective way to keep your carpet clean. Regular and consistent vacuuming can also have the biggest impact on the quality of air you breathe.
To get the most out of your vacuuming, remember the following tips.
- Slow and steady does more good than a quick once-over
- Don’t ignore corners and crevices where dust builds
- “Top-Down” cleaning saves you vacuuming again after dusting. Go ahead and dust blinds, windowsills, and all furniture surfaces before vacuuming to get any fallen dust up first
How Often Should I Vacuum?
You should vacuum at least once a week with a good quality vacuum cleaner. The more foot traffic on your carpet, the more you will need to vacuum. The general rule of thumb or formula for vacuum is:
- Vacuum daily in high-traffic or your pet areas
- Vacuum twice weekly in medium-traffic areas
- Vacuum weekly in light-traffic areas, using attachments in carpet edges and corners